CFPS continues to operate at full capacity during these challenging times. As a provider of essential services, we are offering both in-person sessions and teletherapy services using a secure video platform. You can learn more about teletherapy services here.
In the interest of everyone’s health and safety and to help mitigate the community spread of COVID-19, we have established the following safety measures for in-person visits:
- Disinfection: Hand sanitizer is provided in therapy offices and all waiting rooms. Therapy offices are wiped down with disinfectant following each session.
- Masks: All clients and staff are asked to wear a mask in common areas, including entryways, waiting rooms, restrooms and hallways. Your therapist may ask you to wear a mask during your session as well.
- Social distancing: We ask that you maintain 6 feet of distance from other clients and staff whenever possible and follow directional arrows in hallways that are marked for one-way traffic.
- Waiting rooms: Chairs have been repositioned to allow for social distancing, and we have temporarily removed magazines, books and toys as they are difficult to disinfect.
When you arrive for your appointment:
- Upon arrival, wait outside or in your car until 5 minutes before your appointment time or until your therapist calls you.
- Inside the building, please wear a mask at all times in all common areas.
- Family members (other than parents of minors) and other non-client visitors are asked not to enter the building at this time per CDC guidelines regarding non-patient visitors.
- Your therapist will ask you to read and sign an Informed Consent form before the start of your first in-person session.
If any of the following conditions apply to you on the day before or the day of your appointment, please call our business office at 269-372-4140 to switch to teletherapy or cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a late-cancellation fee for canceling.
- You had close contact with someone diagnosed with or who exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You traveled by plane within the last 14 days.
- You are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches, body aches or headaches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat, runny or stuffy nose
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Your safety and well-being are always our priority.